Thursday, April 21, 2016

Lee Hammond and Art: Im Back!

I want to take this time to thank everyone for their outpouring of support and well wishes I have received over the last few months. So much has changed in such a short amount of time, and without the feeling of love I have received from my family, friends and fans, this would have been almost too much to bear.

Within 90 days, my entire life changed. But, with that, my life was also enhanced in ways I never even imagined. I relocated permanently to Southwest Florida, and am in the process of completely recreating myself. I have shed the heavy weight of the life I had in Kansas City, and am now spreading my wings. The lighter load has now allowed me to be everything I’ve always wanted to be. Lee Hammond, artist | ArtistsNetwork.com

I’ll always be a teacher. I love the feeling of sharing my artistic methods with my students. Being self-taught, I teach art in a way that I wish I had been taught many years ago. I will never tire of the feeling of seeing someone create something they never thought was possible. But, as much as I love teaching, it now will be a part-time activity.

My move and lifestyle change is an opportunity for me to grow as an artist and as a writer. It’s a chance to reconnect with myself. Due to the obligations of home, family and a thriving business, I never felt as if I was living up to my own creative potential. Now, I fully want to develop my my own art into the quality I know I’m capable of.

I will also be fine-tuning my writing, and delving into many more genres of storytelling. Don’t worry, I still intend to write more drawing and painting instruction books for North Light, for I love the opportunity to share what I learn with you. And now, I will be learning even more, as I take my art to the next level. I can now share new insights and techniques as I develop them. Art by Lee Hammond | ArtistsNetwork.com

But, my other writings are important to me, too. The life changes I’ve now made will make them a possibility. I have my motivational book titled REACH! coming out within the year. I also have some children’s books that I have written, and will be fully illustrating them, and I have a novel near completion. I hope you will tag along, and find them all interesting. It is time for the world to see the other versions of Lee Hammond.

Thank you for joining me on my many creative adventures. I will now be back here regularly at ArtistsNetwork, adding new blogs to keep you entertained with the “New Adventures of Lee.”

Again, thank you for your patience and understanding through the last few months. Your love and support mean the world to me.

Until next time!
Lee


 

Lee Hammond has been called the Queen of Drawing. That may not be fair these days, since in addition to providing the best drawing lessons, she has also created fantastic books and videos filled with the same easy to follow acrylic painting techniques, colored pencil techniques and more. Click here to see all of the instructional books and DVDs that Lee Hammond has to offer!

The post Lee Hammond and Art: I’m Back! appeared first on Artist's Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment